So this is my own creation of breakfast quiona. Not only does this super grain have an enormous about of protein and fiber, it is also very versatile whether wanting to make a savory or sweet dish.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup of bananas
- 1/2 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 of blueberries ( or whichever fruit you prefer)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Take cooked quiona and top it with fruit, cinnamon and toasted almonds. It is that simple!
Tip: If you do not know how to cook quiona, it is super easy. See below
- 1 cup quiona = 2 cup of liquid
- Place 1 cup of quiona in a saucepan and bring to medium-high heat. Toast and stir quiona for 2 minutes. This will give the quiona a nutty flavor. You can tell when the quona is done being toasted because you can smell the nutty aroma and hear popping. Make sure you continue stirring, you do not want to burn it.
- Once the quiona is toasted, you add in 2 cups of water or broth and bring the temperature down to low. Cover and left it cook for 15 minutes or until all is absorbed (sometimes it takes longer than 15, depending on how much quiona you are using).
- Once all the water has been absorbed, fluff your quiona with a fork. Then it is ready to eat hot or cold, whichever you prefer!