My boyfriend and I always like to joke around that we ” are such foodies”, but we really are. We enjoy cooking together ( with the occasional kick in the butt for him to wash the dishes) and eating healthy food, which is why we work.
One morning we decided to recreate sweet potato pancakes we had at one of our favorites diners, and they didn’t disappoint! My boyfriend’s signature side to all our breakfasts we like to make is his maple glazed ham. He takes the ham and sears it in a skillet while coating it with maple syrup to caramelize it, its self explanatory on how good it is.
Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 Cup Oats (then blended into flour)
- 1 Cup Mashed Sweet Potato
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 2 Cups Milk (Almond or skim)
- 1 Tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 teas. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 teas cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- sliced toasted almonds (optional)
- Blend up oats, then add everything else. Blend. Cook on griddle or skillet at 350 degrees F.
- Top with toasted almonds, if you are feeling like a rebel that day!
Stolen from http://homemadebyjaci.com/sweet-potato-pie-pancakes/ 🙂