So I am not a huge believer in cleanses but I have done this one a few times and it actually really works!
I don’t normally do this for weight loss but I just do it to cleanse my body and liver (especially after my recent trip to Nashville consuming way too many pickleback shots).
The reason I am a huge believer in this is because dandelion tea has so many benefits, which are listed below. In order to do this detox all you need is water, dandelion tea ( I use the brand Yogi which is called detox and has the tea in the ingredients), lemon juice and cranberry juice. You drink this everyday for 7 days ( while still eating healthy and working out) and you will help your body flush out all the toxins.
WARNING: If you are a big caffeine drinker like myself, you might experience headaches during this detox phase because your body is not getting the normal caffeine intake it normally consumes and it is going through withdrawal. This is a great way to wean yourself off caffeine if you drink too much of it (like myself).
BENEFITS OF DANDELION TEA:
- Dandelion tea tastes good (especially with a sweetener like honey or sugar—or, a good taste with a no-carbohydrate choice, like xylitol).
- Dandelion tea benefits your health (in fact, it’s very good for you)—as health enthusiasts world wide can attest for this delicious herbal remedy.
- Dandelion tea forms a prime medical ingredient in over half the phytonutrient blends on the market (weight loss, rejuvenation, detoxification; digestive, liver, kidney, & skin supplements).
- Dandelion tea uses include as an ingredient in cooking.
- Dandelion tea aids in digestion, and functions well to relieve digestive disorders like constipation and diarrhea.
- Dandelion tea works great to purify the blood and cleanse the system.
- Dandelion tea enhances detoxification, by stimulating urination and, in addition, by replacing the potassium lost in that process.
- Dandelion tea is one of the most effective herbs for getting the bloat out and helping relieve water retention.
- Dandelion tea has specific action inreducing inflammation, of the gall bladder and of the bile duct, and for rheumatism and arthritis.
- Dandelion tea improves the function of and maintains optimum liver, kidney, pancreas, spleen, stomach, and gall bladder functions.
- Dandelion tea helps in treating chronic hepatitis and jaundice disorders, and encourages healing of damaged tissues caused by alcohol liver disease.
- Dandelion tea helps reduce high cholesterol.
- Dandelion tea contains antioxidants that help your body fight off toxic bacteria and viruses.
- Dandelion tea helps with weight control—especially with weight loss.
- Dandelion tea strengths incorporate well into muscle building programs for weight lifters.
- Dandelion tea actively ameliorates disease—it is a potent disease-fighter—and helps the body heal, helps boost immunity, and combat cancer, heart disease, and age-related memory loss.
- Dandelion tea aids health maintenance for people suffering from Type-1 and Type-2 diabetes.
- Dandelion tea transfers magnificent amounts of minerals and vitamins: A, C, D, E, & B complex, calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, manganese, copper, choline, and boron, etc. when infused in hot water.
- Dandelion tea can be made solely from the blossoms, the leaves, or the roots (roasted or not)—or, the entire plant.
- Dandelion tea is traditionally served plain (as is), and also made into other beverages—like ale, beer, “coffee”, and wine.
- Dandelion tea as a face wash cleanses complexion, improves skin clarity.
- Dandelion tea makes a great bath addition, especially when made from older, stronger (tougher) leaves.
- Dandelion tea can serve as an inspiration for a great tea party!
- Making dandelion tea by gathering fresh plants is good exercise (and, some people say, improves the look of your lawn).
- Composting spent dandelion tea blossoms, leaves, and/or roots, after drinking your dandelion tea, improves soil composition.
Stolen from http://www.dandeliontea.org/dandelion-tea/facts-about-dandelion-tea-benefits, http://www.pinterest.com/pin/409616528580489704/ 🙂