In honor of my favorite season, I decided to make this fall festive breakfast oatmeal. Since I always wake up late and rush to work, I never have time to make myself an interesting breakfast. After a while, it gets boring eating the same thing every morning.
These over night oats are super easy, convenient and are great on a cold fall morning. Just make them the night before, heat in the microwave in the morning and you are all set!! I decided to use pumpkin yogurt in this recipe instead of plain to give it a fall taste!
- ¼ c steel cut oats
- ½ c milk – fat free
- ⅓ c plain yogurt – low fat (I used Chobani pumpkin yogurt)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs peanut butter – natural
- ¼ banana – sliced
- ½ apple – cored and diced
- Chia Seeds (I added these in for some protein)
- In an almost-empty peanut butter jar or another resealable glass jar or tupperware, combine all ingredients except banana and apples.
- Seal and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with banana slices and diced apple in the morning.
- Serve cold, room temp or pop in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm. Steel cuts will have a nice chew to them but if you prefer to cook them further, add ¼ c extra milk and microwave for 90 seconds.