These 120 calories “pizzas” are a healthy way to have all that cheesy goodness while staying on track 🙂
- 4 large whole portobello mushroom caps, wiped clean
- 1 cup no-cook pizza sauce (or healthy store-bought pizza sauce)
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- ¼ cup goat cheese crumbles (or mozzarella cheese)
- ¼ cup portobello stems, sliced
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- freshly grated parmesan, for topping
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut stem off each portobello mushroom cap and remove the gills using a spoon. Save the stems that aren’t woody and discard the gills.
- Lie the caps stem side up on a baking sheet.
- Fill the center of each mushroom with a quarter of the arugula, ¼ cup of the pizza sauce and 1 tablespoon of goat cheese. Then place 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon of portobello stems, a quarter of the sliced cherry tomatoes and couple fresh basil leaves on top of each.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle on a little freshly grated Parmesan cheese, top with fresh basil, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.
Taken from http://www.eatingbirdfood.com/2014/09/arugula-goat-cheese-portobello-pizzas/#_a5y_p=2483134 🙂