Last night I made an avocado cream sauce to go with my zucchini pasta. The original recipe I found uses regular pasta but since I am trying to be healthy, I just used my Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter to make zucchini pasta!! I cut the below recipe in half because I was making it for me, myself and I 🙂
- 2 zucchinis
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained and rinsed (I swapped the corn for broccoli)
- Red pepper (Optional, I added it because I love spicy food)
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste. With the motor running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute the broccoli in oil under tender. Add tomatoes halves and zucchini noodles. The zucchini noodles only take 4 minutes to cook.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, cherry tomatoes and broccoli.
Taken from http://damndelicious.net/2014/06/20/avocado-pasta/ 🙂