HAPPY NATIONAL PASTA DAY!!!! As an 100% Italian girl, there is nothing I love more in this world than pasta 🙂
- 1/2 cup of Whole Grain Barilla Rotini
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 2 cups washed spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup of diced sweet potatoes
- handful of chopped walnuts
- A pinch of red pepper flakes (because I love them)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water and drain pasta.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil and add garlic. Cook garlic for 3 minutes or until it is lightly brown. Add in diced sweet potatoes and sun dried tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes. Add spinach, and balsamic vinegar. Cook over medium-high heat until spinach is wilted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain pasta and put pasta with 1 cup of pasta water into skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle rotini with feta cheese and top with toasted walnuts (toast walnuts in toaster oven until turn lightly brown).