I made this for breakfast yesterday and I was super delicious! I had a bunch of avocados that were about to go bad so I decided to try something new. It is a fun way to spice up eggs for breakfast!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives ( I didn’t have chives so I used a little bit of white onion and red pepper flakes)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, and garnish of your choice. Enjoy!
Taken from http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Baked-Eggs-Avocado-Recipe-30787252 🙂