- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 handful dried cranberries
- 1/2 handful nuts ( I used almonds )
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- Bring quinoa and water to the boil in a medium sized saucepan (I always toasted my quiona for 4 minutes in the pan before I add water to give it a nutty flavor). Reduce heat and gently simmer for 5 minutes. Add the apples, raisins and cinnamon. Simmer until the water has absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, toast the nuts in a dry pan for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle cranberries and nuts over the quinoa. Sweeten with honey if desired
Taken and edited from http://www.anjasfood4thought.com/2009/09/apple-cinnamon-quinoa-breakfast.html 🙂