Last night was my first attempt to make beets! They took a little long to make but they were worth it! I got the recipe from Wine Enthusiast Magazine‘s December Issue. They are extremely tasty and are nice side dish to a meal. The recipe calls for golden beets which I did not have so I doubled on the red beets!
- 3 cups red beets, sliced into rounds
- 3 cups golden beets, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place the red and golden beets into a baking pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, thyme and sage, and bake for approximately 50 minutes, or until the beets are fork-tender
- Remove and change oven setting to top broil. Crumble goat cheese over the roasted beets, and broil until deep golden brown.
- Serves 8 people.