In case you are craving something sweet for breakfast! I decided to add almonds to the recipe for an extra crunch. This french toast is super easy and delicious!
- Whole Wheat Bread (About 6 slices)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Shredded sweetened coconut
- Whole Almonds (Shredded almonds are actually easier for blending process)
- Fruit of choice
- Maple Syrup
- Coconut Oil
- Pre-heat skillet with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil on medium-high heat
- Mix 1 cup milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla extract in bowl with wire whisk.
- Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated.
- Put almonds in food processor and blend until they are almost a powder. Combine almond with coconut in a large bowl.
Dip saturated bread in coconut, almond mixture on both sides.
- Cook bread on each side until golden brown.
- Top with Strawberries, raspberries, bananas and syrup. (Or toppings of your choice!)
Recreated from http://www.asparkleofgenius.com/2011/10/coconut-crusted-french-toast-with_29.html#_a5y_p=1802551 🙂