Sweet Potato Hash
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 3 strips of bacon, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of zucchini, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat skillet to medium heat. Add chopped bacon and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove bacon, place on a dish lined with a paper towel.
- Dice and chop the sweet potato, scallions, red pepper, and garlic.
- Melt coconut oil in the same saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes, since they will take the longest to cook.
- After 2-3 minutes, add the red pepper, salt, and pepper. Put a lid on the saucepan to help steam the potatoes.
- Three minutes later, add the scallions and garlic. Toss so that all is evenly combined.
- Add in cooked bacon before serving.
Originated from http://greatist.com/eat/recipes/sweet-potato-and-egg-breakfast-hash 🙂
- 2 Slices of Organic Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/2 Organic Avocado
- Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Organic Lemon
- Toast the bread. While the bread is toasting, mash the avocado. I like it a little chunky.
- Spread the avocado on the bread, sprinkle pepper and red pepper on top.
- Drizzle a small about of evoo, lemon and honey on top.
Originated from http://www.willowandjade.com/2014/01/avocado-toast.html 🙂
Cook eggs to your liking. I chose sunny side up eggs. Heat skillet with a tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Slowly crack an egg into the skillet. Add salt and pepper to the egg. (I like my yolk runny so I cooked it for 3 minutes. If you prefer your yolked cooked, I suggest cooking it for longer.