- 1 large bunch of organic kale (Tuscan, Lacinato or Dinosaur)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- a handful of dried cranberries (I use apple juice sweetened)
- a small handful of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of califlower
- 1/4 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon of roasted red peppers
- 1 tablespoon of goat cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar (I use fruit flavored varieties like dark cherry Balsamic)
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Bring a large pot (5 quart/liter) of water to a boil while you are trimming the kale leaves and slicing the shallot. Trim the ribs out of the center of the kale leaves, then cut the leaves crosswise into ribbons. Slice the peeled shallot crosswise into thin rings.
- When water boils, add 2 teaspoons salt, then drop the kale leaves into the water and cook for 2 minutes (called blanching). Drain well through a sieve and place kale on a clean kitchen towel. Alternatively you can steam your kale for 2-3 minutes, then proceed with the recipe.
- In a medium fry pan, heat the olive oil over medium low heat until warm. Add the garlic and cherry tomatoes. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring until softened. Be careful not to let them burn. Add the cranberries, walnuts, vinegar and roasted red peppers. Stir and cook for a minute, then add the cooked kale. Toss the kale ribbons to coat and warm, season up with salt and pepper, add goat cheese crumbles and then serve.
Orignated from http://afoodcentriclife.com/warm-kale-salad-with-dried-cranberries-and-walnuts/#sthash.mdvHQUaX.dpuf