In light of the holiday season and the endless amount of unhealthy food I will be consuming, I decided to try to eat as healthy as I can until that time comes.
- 1 cup of diced and peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup of broccoli
- 1 tablespoon of cranberries (Or craisins)
- 1 tablespoon of goat cheese (Or however much you like because it is amazing)
- Handful of toasted almonds ( Toast in the oven until you start to smell the nutty scent, make sure to watch them closely)
- Baby kale chopped and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- Drizze of honey
- Splash of vinegar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- For Dressing: Combine a tablespoon of mustard, 1/2 a tablespoon of honey and a splash of vinegar in a bowl. Whisk until all ingredients are combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Dressing was made by my sister Deana!!
- For Butternut Squash and Broccoli: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine honey, nutmeg, maple syrup and olive oil in a bowl with butternut squash and broccoli. Add salt and pepper. Add to a non stick baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender
- For Salad: Add kale to a salad bowl. Combine all ingredients together and top with honey mustard dressing. Enjoy!