This morning I was rushing to make myself lunch for today and I came across this recipe on Pinterest for a simple tuna salad with avocado. As many know, mayo is my arch enemy so this is definitely my new favorite substitution!!
- 2 oz canned tuna, drained
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon
- A handful parsley, finely chopped
- A handful of arugula
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop the flesh of avocado on a plate. Squeeze lemon on it and mash well with a fork.
- Add in tuna, parsley, lettuce and salt. Mix with a spoon until everything is very well combined.
- Use whole wheat bread like I did or use your favorite bread and make your sandwich with this mixture
Inspiration from http://www.giverecipe.com/creamy-avocado-tuna-sandwich.html