Happy Near Year! My bf played the role as sous chef and helped me make these skinny little poppers last night for my friends NYE party! They were very easy to make and super delicious. Thanks to Skinny Taste for the recipe!
- 12 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 4.5 oz light cream cheese
- 5 medium scallions, green part only, sliced
- 2 oz shredded low fat sharp cheddar (I used Cabot 50%)
- 1/2 cup egg beaters or egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs*
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- salt and fresh pepper
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Wearing rubber gloves, cut peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membrane.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar and scallions in a medium bowl.
- Combine panko, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Fill peppers with cheese filling with a small spoon or spatula.
- Dip peppers in egg beaters.
- Place pepper in panko mixture, using a spoon to make sure all the seasoning doesn’t fall to the bottom of the bowl.
- Spray a baking pan with oil spray. I lined my pan with parchment for easier cleanup. Lightly spray the peppers with a little more oil spray.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, until golden and cheese oozes out.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately. Serve hot.
*I used 1/4 cup more panko to make it easier to coat, then I was left with 1/4 cup which was tossed and not calculated in the nutritional info.