After all the holiday eating, most can say they are SICK of food by now. Well NOT ME! I am never sick of eating. I do however want to get back on track with eating healthy while still enjoying my favorite comfort foods. Using my Veggetti™ Spiral Vegetable Cutter, I made zucchini “pasta” topped with shrimp in a delicious and healthy scampi sauce! It only took me 15 minutes to make! Enjoy 🙂
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into noodles (See Kelly’s Notes)
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and heat it for 1 minute. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook them for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them, stirring as needed, until they are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 3 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, garish with parsley and serve immediately.
Thanks to http://www.justataste.com/2014/07/skinny-shrimp-scampi-zucchini-noodles-recipe/ for the recipe!