I have always been intimated with making a poached egg because every time I research a recipe, there is always a different technique to it. I was on Pinterest and came across this super easy way to make a poached egg. I tried it tonight and I will never be afraid to make a poached egg again!! Thanks to http://upenn.spoonuniversity.com/kitchen/easiest-poached-eggs/ for the tip!
How to make a poached egg in 1 minute:
1. Fill a microwaveable bowl or cup with 1/2 cup water.
2. Gently crack an egg into the water, making sure it’s fully submerged. Cover with a saucer and microwave on high for 1 minute or until yolk is runny but white and set.
3. Remove with a slotted spoon. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1/2 cup of Baby Kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Mesclun Greens, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Roasted Brussels Sprouts ( Toss in olive oil and roast at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes)
- 1/4 cup of Sweet Potatoes ( Toss in olive oil and roast at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes)
- Toasted shaved almonds
Ingredients for Vinaigrette:
- 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- Mix all the salad ingredients together. Then top with poached egg
- Whisk together the dressing and pour as much desired on salad