- 1/2 cup of quinoa, rinsed
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- Handful of chopped kale
- broccoli, cut into florets
- mushrooms, sliced
- cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- Heat a little bit of olive oil in a pan over medium high. Add broccoli and mushrooms, and stir-fry until cooked (around 5 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine milk, water, and quinoa in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring regularly*, until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add vegetables, cheese, and salt & pepper to the pot of quinoa and stir to combine. Cover and set aside.
- I decided to poach my egg. You can use my poaching method by clicking here!
- Transfer the quinoa to a bowl, then top with the egg.
Thanks to http://www.reclaimingprovincial.com/2013/03/06/veggie-quinoa-breakfast-bowl/ for the recipe!