Skinny Taco Dip
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
- 16 oz jar mild salsa
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded fine
- 2 large tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2.25 oz sliced black olives
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish.
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Thanks to http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/07/skinny-taco-dip.html for the recipe!
Skinny Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salsa
- 15 oz can black beans, drained + rinsed
- 15 oz can yellow corn, drained + rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp jalapeño (I added this in myself for more spice)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (I added this in myself for more acid)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (I added this in myself for a little sweetness)
- In a small bowl, add black beans, diced onions and corn. Toss slightly to mix ingredients.
- Add lime juice, lemon juice and chili powder to black bean mixture, and stir to coat all ingredients evenly.
- Add in red pepper, jalapeño and chopped cilantro to black beans and stir gently.
- Chill before serving.
Thanks to http://www.skinnymom.com/2013/12/05/skinny-black-bean-and-corn-salsa-2/ for the inspiration!