- Tilapia filets (I bought the Tilapia that is individually wrapped and used the whole bag for this recipe)
- 3 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 bag of sweetend shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or use non stick spray on cookie sheet
- In a small bowl beat egg whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks form.
- Place cornstarch and coconut on two separate plates. Dip the filets into the cornstarch and coat both sides. Next, dip the filets in the egg whites and finally in the coconut coating well.
- Place filets on the cookie sheet and bake for 17-19 minutes or until coconut is a golden brown.
(Due to time, instead of making a homemade pineapple sauce to go along with the fish, we used a mango coconut dressing we bought from the store!)
Sesame Ginger Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shelled frozen edamame
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup red cabbage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Place the quinoa, water, and salt in a covered pot. Heat on high until it boils, lower the heat to low, and cook for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is soft and the water absorbed.
- Pour the quinoa into a medium-sized bowl, and mix in the frozen edamame, carrots, peppers, and cabbage.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by mixing the sesame oil, rice vinegar, minced ginger, and sesame seeds.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa and veggies, and mix thoroughly. Enjoy immediately, or store in a covered container for later.