This recipe was inspired by “I need to clean out my fridge, let me just stuff everything into a pepper” and it was successful 🙂
- 2 red bell peppers, halved
- 1/4 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 cup mixed vegetables, diced small (I did mushrooms, zucchini, carrots, onion)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp jalapeño, diced
- Olive oil
- Crushed red pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 450. Drizzle olive oil, salt and pepper on peppers and place on baking sheet cut side down.
- Roast for 20 minutes or until tender
- Meanwhile, add vegetables to skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper, jalapeno, garlic powder, oregano and quinoa to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Take peppers out of the oven and fill quinoa mixture inside peppers. Top with pecorino romano cheese and goat cheese.
- Broil on low for 1 minute or until cheese has melted
I served these peppers over zucchini noodles in a red wine reduction. Add oil and garlic to a pan and sautee for 2 minutes. Add red wine, tomatoes, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper and zucchini noodles. Cook for 5 minutes and serve!