Since I will be going on vacation this Saturday, I needed to clean out my fridge. This is another one of my “throw everything from my fridge into a pot kind of meals”, which are always delicious 🙂
- 1 zucchini, spiralized (keep in paper towel to soak up moisture)
- 1 piece of grilled chicken, cooked
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, diced
- 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- Handful of kale
- 3/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cherry tomatoes, diced
- Place 1/4 cup of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat and sauté garlic for two minutes. Add kale, mushrooms, salt and pepper and a splash of chicken broth, sauté until wilted. Remove from skillet and set aside
- In a food processor, add in chicken broth, 1 garlic clove, garlic powder, roasted red peppers, 1/4 cup of olive oil, cherry tomatoes, dried basil, 1/2 cup of parsley, salt and pepper and crushed red pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Take zucchini noodles and add to skillet. Add in sauce and kale mixture. If sauce is too thick add in a splash more of chicken broth. Cook for 3 minutes in skillet. Remove from skillet and transfer to a bowl or plate.
- Clean skillet and add in walnuts, toast for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Add your diced chicken, walnuts and remaining Parmesan cheese on top of your noodles.
**TIP: Every Sunday, I grill a huge batch of chicken for the week. I freeze half of the chicken and leave the remaining chicken in the fridge for my weekly lunch or dinner. It really saves you so much time when the chicken is already cooked. I also roast a TON of vegetables on Sunday and add them to my salads throughout the week.