- 4 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise and middle scooped out and reserved.
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped red/yellow/green peppers in any combination
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese (I used greek yogurt instead because it is healthier and cheaper)
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- Brown turkey, peppers, onions and the middle part of the zucchini that was scooped out. Leave “boats” on a sprayed sheet pan.
- Add taco seasoning and water. Stir and simmer a few minutes until seasoning is equally distributed.
- In a large bowl, add beef, cheddar, mascarpone, parsley. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into each zucchini boat.
- Bake 400 for 30 minutes. If zucchini is not done, return to oven and check after 10 more minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and return to oven. Turn heat off. Cheese will melt in 3-5 minutes. Top with green onions and serve.
Thanks to http://www.katrina-runs.com/stuffed-zucchini-2 for the recipe!