These Broccoli and Zucchini Cheese Patties are an excellent way to enjoy a healthy and delicious meal during those crazy work weeks. You can enjoy these for breakfast, lunch or dinner by themselves, or even on a delicious egg sandwich!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- One bundle of fresh broccoli, chopped small
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil, garlic, onions, salt and pepper, and saute until soft and translucent. Remove from heat and set aside
- Place broccoli, onion mixture, breadcrumbs, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and eggs in a medium sized bowl. Stir together until well combined
- Form the mixture into patties, using about 2-3 tablespoons for each patty. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes on each side, or until crispy and golden brown
Thanks to http://healthyfitnessmeals.com/ for the inspiration!