This Summer Vegetable Spaghetti Squash recipe is super easy to make and very inexpensive. Once you buy the Spaghetti Squash (I paid $4.00) you can add in any vegetables, herbs, cheese, etc, you have on hand! I was reading a BuzzFeed article on how to cut and cook Spaghetti Squash and now I will forever use this method! Click on the link for tips on how to cook Spaghetti Squash from BuzzFeed. Click here!
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 TBSP red pepper flakes
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup corn, frozen
- Handful of parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 TBSP dried oregano
- 2 TBSP chicken broth
- 1 TBSP dried basil
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup zucchini, diced
- Cut Spaghetti Squash into rounds and place on baking sheet. Cook at 400 degrees for 40 minutes ( Found in BuzzFeed article).
- While the Spaghetti Squash is baking, heat a medium skillet with olive oil. Add in spices and onion. Sautee for 3 minutes. Add in broccoli, mushrooms, Brussels sprouts, cherry tomatoes and garlic. Sautee under tender, about 5-7 minutes (depending how crunchy you prefer them). Once the vegetables are cooked, add in zucchini and corn.
- Once the Spaghetti Squash is out of the oven, let cool for 10 minutes.
- After the Spaghetti Squash is cooled, start to peel off the outer layer of skin and shredd the inside. Place the Spaghetti Squash into the skillet, add in Parmesan cheese, parsley and chicken broth.
- Season with salt and pepper and additional spices if needed.
- Top with more Parmesan Cheese and parsley before serving.