These Broccoli and Zucchini Cheese Patties are an excellent way to enjoy a healthy and delicious meal during those crazy work weeks. You can enjoy these for breakfast, lunch or dinner by themselves, or even on a delicious egg sandwich!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- One bundle of fresh broccoli, chopped small
- 3/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil, garlic, onions, salt and pepper, and saute until soft and translucent. Remove from heat and set aside
- Place broccoli, onion mixture, breadcrumbs, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and eggs in a medium sized bowl. Stir together until well combined
- Form the mixture into patties, using about 2-3 tablespoons for each patty. Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes on each side, or until crispy and golden brown
Thanks to http://healthyfitnessmeals.com/ for the inspiration!
Amazing appetizer, side dish or lunch option! I made a huge batch and ate it two days this week for lunch!
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt, black pepper to taste
- 1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- In a small bowl combine red onion, lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Let them marinate at least 5 minutes to mellow the flavor of the onion.
- In a large bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño. Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Thanks to http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/zesty-lime-shrimp-and-avocado-salad.html for the recipe!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 2 lbs of boneless thighs)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- Coconut shavings, toasted
- Handful of spinach
For the coconut rice:
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cup long grain white rice ( I used brown rice to make it healthier)
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Combine soy sauce, pineapple juice, water, brown sugar, scallions, garlic, and sesame oil in a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken pieces to the bag, remove as much air as possible, and seal. Squish around to coat the chicken in the marinade well. Place in the refrigerator and marinade for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat pan to medium heat. Cook for about 5-7 minutes per-side, watching to make sure chicken doesn’t get too charred. Add handful of spinach leaves when there is 2 minutes left.
- To prepare the rice, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rice, and cook for about 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Carefully pour in the coconut milk and water, stir to combine. Cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, stir once more and re-cover. Reduce heat to low and cook for 18 minutes. Remove lid and fluff rice with fork.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of the coconut rice. Garnish with additional scallions and toasted coconut.
Thanks to http://tideandthyme.com/hawaiian-chicken-coconut-rice/ for the recipe!
Strawberry Mango Salsa
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
- 3/4 cup diced mango
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons honey, or more to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, mango, jalapeño, onion, cilantro, honey and lime juice.
- Serve immediately.
Thanks to http://damndelicious.net/2013/06/10/strawberry-mango-salsa/ for the recipe!
- Tilapia filets
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Heat olive on medium heat in a non stick skillet
- Once warm, place tilapia and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Cook on both sides for 4 minutes
- 1 package of Haricot Vert (aka string beans)
- 1 TBSP lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- Blanch green beans in a large stock pot of well salted boiling water until bright green in color and tender crisp, roughly 2 minutes. Drain and shock in a bowl of ice water to stop from cooking.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and the butter. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the beans and continue to saute until coated in the butter and heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
Perfectly healthy and filling salad for lunch! You can also use these salmon patties alone or on a sandwich.
This recipe makes 4 patties (as you can see I already ate one of them while I was cooking, I was hungry 🙂 ) I placed the patties over a bed of spinach and baby kale leaves.
- one 7.5 oz. can red salmon, drained
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh whole wheat bread crumbs (not dried)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Place drained salmon in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Mix with onion, red pepper, parsley, egg, and crumbs.
- Shape into four patties.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and cook patties for about 5 minutes until browned and cooked through, turning once.
Thanks to http://www.jennycancook.com/recipes/salmon-patties/ for the recipe!
Sriracha Lime Vinaigrette:
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 TBSP Sriracha
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- Handful of cilantro
- 1 TBSP red onion, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tsp jalapeno, minced
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Mix all ingredients together and place on top of salmon patties
- 4 large zucchini, sliced lengthwise and middle scooped out and reserved.
- 3/4 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped red/yellow/green peppers in any combination
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/2 cup of mascarpone cheese (I used greek yogurt instead because it is healthier and cheaper)
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 green onion, sliced thin
- Brown turkey, peppers, onions and the middle part of the zucchini that was scooped out. Leave “boats” on a sprayed sheet pan.
- Add taco seasoning and water. Stir and simmer a few minutes until seasoning is equally distributed.
- In a large bowl, add beef, cheddar, mascarpone, parsley. Mix well.
- Spoon mixture into each zucchini boat.
- Bake 400 for 30 minutes. If zucchini is not done, return to oven and check after 10 more minutes.
- Remove, sprinkle mozzarella cheese and return to oven. Turn heat off. Cheese will melt in 3-5 minutes. Top with green onions and serve.
Thanks to http://www.katrina-runs.com/stuffed-zucchini-2 for the recipe!